FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:02 pm
alanslegal

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I have no issue with them. I can see/understand people’s thought on “gross factor”. If they bother you bring your own. My wife/daughter bring their own stuff from home, in travel bottles. Sometimes I use that sometimes I grab the hotel stuff.

Same as my wife, we rarely use hotel products because she packs our own things because she says its bettter and also minimises unnecessary waste at the sme time
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Amanresorts, the most luxurious brand of all by almost any accounting, has been doing this with shower/bath products for decades at some of the world’s most impressive and most expensive resorts.

This outcry is about a whining and paranoid minority who don’t like change, don’t travel as much as much as they think they do, and see conspiracies at every turn—and/or those who don’t care at all about environmental health.
Exactly, imagine those same folks arriving at an airline lounge (ohhhhhhhhh) or public bathrooms (ooooooooh) only to find dispensers. Shock horror.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The only problem for me is I prefer a real bar of soap, you know, a solid object that you can actually scrub with and that gets a lather up. All this lotion-to-clean-your-body nonsense.....I don't know how folks can clean themselves properly with a liquid - it takes so much longer and you end up using a huge amount of it which in itself is a waste.
We are also bar soap fans. Plus bar soaps last a much longer time, so if we are away for a month, we might only need one bar versus a decent sized liquid dispenser bottle if we went that route.