FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Denied Boarding - VDB/Bump Experiences on UA [2019]
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:10 pm
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
ORD-PWM was oversold this morning. Flight was something like 9am-noon. Only option app gave today was the next UA nonstop at like 9pm. Still, I put my name on the list, and once I got to the gate, I saw I was protected on ORD-EWR-PWM getting in at 3pm. When I asked what the compensation was, the GA mummered something about $300, she asked what I was looking for, so I mentioned the app offered me $550 as the lowest amount (which is true, albeit for a 10hr delay). She said let's just do $600.

So I got my first score of the year, as well as a $20 meal voucher. Only downside is I like to collect airline routes, and ORD-PWM would have been a new one for me.

I'll be using the voucher to take myself and fiancee to San Diego for my birthday

Also, I was given the option of my travel voucher being emailed, which I did (and received immediately). I know my last post I mentioned it for another guy, but is this a new trend? I've never had the option (although it's been like a year since I got a VDB). It's much nicer then getting the paper receipt.