FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steppe, Beaches and Rainforest: Mongolia and East Africa
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:15 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania

Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania

After checking in to my room, I decided to take a short walk around Stone Town.

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Beach near Hotel

Beach near Hotel

Stone Town

Stone Town

Fort

Food Stands at Dinner

Sunset View from Room

After an hour or two, I returned to the hotel for some dinner and went to bed early. Dinner was ok, with dessert the best course by far.

Lentil Soup

Chicken

Dessert

The next morning, I got up early and had breakfast at the buffet. PH runs a pretty good buffet here. The stand out items are really the fruit. The passionfruit were particularly good. Definitely among the best I've had. Superior to the Rwanda passionfruits, which were a bit less sweet and more astringent.

Breakfast

It was still quite early, but I went for a walk around the town. The fort wasn't open yet, but I walked to the fort then onward to the ferry terminal. From there, I went right and headed to the main market on the edge of Stone Town. Then eventually headed back toward the waterfront area and visited the fort.

Fort

Fort

Fort

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Stone Town

Navy Ship protecting against pirates?

Fort

Vendors Inside Fort

Fort

Same Cat from Before

Fort

Fort

This Doesn't Look Safe...

Fort

Stone Town

Yeah, Definitely NOT Safe

Stone Town

After seeing the fort interior, I headed back to the hotel to relax by the hotel and go swimming in the ocean.

Hotel Pool

View from Pool

After showering off the salt, I packed up and had lunch at the hotel restaurant.

Hotel Patio

Ginger Lemonade

I ordered the Urojo Soup and it was fantastic. By far the best meal I'd had to that point and one of the best meals of the trip.

Urojo Soup

After lunch, I checked out and grabbed a taxi back to the airport for my onward flight to Dar.