FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK414
Thread: EK414
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:54 am
nmc980

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
I regularly fly with a short connection and whether or not I get my second flight is down to EK - a decision made before I have even landed. Where I sit on the plane and how long it takes me to get off is pretty much irrelevant.

During these short connections I have had emails telling me I have been placed on different flights. On one occasion I was informed via email I had been changed flights but then on landing there was someone there to take me straight to my original connection.

Also I have made three short connections this year but my bags didnt. Two occasions none of my bags made it and one occasion one bad made it and one didn't.

In each circumstance there was always another flight about an hour later so it was not too painful, however, if you miss 414 when is the next flight?

This is the first time I've flown with such a short connection - so am playing around with several scenarios (and will be packing a spare set of clothes should my bags not make it)

Unfortunately the next flight is 8 hours later (EK 412 - dept 10.15am) - so will no doubt be off to the airport hotel if I miss the connection. Out of interests sake, will EK provide me a room airside should I miss the 414?