FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:32 am
scwam

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Over at the IHG forum there is a thread that is about to "blow up" because IHG proposes to be more environmentally friendly and remove all single use plastic products such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash etc.

Now for those who have stayed at this Waldorf Astoria, bath wash/soap/lotion are dispensed by way of large ceraimic dispensers which I think is a positive; not only are they saving plastic, I felt it more luxurious than dealing with plastic bottles and it looked more visibly appealing in the bathrooms and shower areas - some may agree and some may not. I personally have no hesitation with these type of dispensers. Those that disagree believe it is risky, unhygenic or that it exposes for someone to tamper with it, like putting hydrochloric acid in the bath wash etc. In all my years of travelling, reading travel news and what not, I have not read of a single situation where someone wanted to tamper with these things especially at higher end properties anyway.

What are your thoughts about these dispensers?
They need to do that. Honestly, those mini bottles have crappy shampoo anyhow and are a complete nuisance. While they're at it, might as well switch up the miniature toothpaste that only squeeze out 1 1/2 brushings and replace it with a similar sort of dispenser. I think those shampoo/conditioner dispensers here in Japan would be a little difficult to tamper with. I've shared communal meals with tons of people in China over a two-year span and have yet to catch any form of std or stomach bacteria as a result (tested multiple times since).