FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK414
Thread: EK414
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:20 am
Will08

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nmc980
I checked with both call centre and a friend in EK ops, and 1.15 is the shortest connection EK will now do. I'm flying in paid F - so will be first off the plane with priority connection. My only concern with the arriving flight (apart from any departure or in-air delays) is that I get a remote stand which can easily add on 20-45 mins connection time.

Enjoy your flight!
I regularly fly with a short connection and whether or not I get my second flight is down to EK - a decision made before I have even landed. Where I sit on the plane and how long it takes me to get off is pretty much irrelevant.

During these short connections I have had emails telling me I have been placed on different flights. On one occasion I was informed via email I had been changed flights but then on landing there was someone there to take me straight to my original connection.

Also I have made three short connections this year but my bags didnt. Two occasions none of my bags made it and one occasion one bad made it and one didn't.

In each circumstance there was always another flight about an hour later so it was not too painful, however, if you miss 414 when is the next flight?