FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:55 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
In last December I called to convert one of 6 OC5 to NC4, but after the call I found that they converted all six, So I lost six months' life of the 5 certs that I did not use. I called back asking them to convert back, a supervisor came on line and told me that there is nothing can be done and very rudely saying that I was trying to take advantage of the old TCs so they will not allow me to delay the conversion. ..... He then raised his voice to swear on "those internet forums" and hang up on me. It was my only experience in 40 years' travel over 5 million BIS miles that a customer service agent used such language..
Originally Posted by ashley1245
I called the US Call Center last night and followed the advice about the "known exception" mentioned above. I explained that I wanted to convert my OC6 to a NC5 using 30K additional points. ...

This morning I got an email from Marriott regarding my case. It said, "I'm very sorry but we are unable to upgrade any travel package in our system."
I tried to follow all the tips and suggestions on this thread. I never used the word "upgrade." I was super nice and friendly and tried to explain everything very specifically. No luck for me!
Anyone have any great suggestions for an amazing Category 4 hotel for a one week stay with two small kids?
I believe there have to be some internal memos on those legacy partial TPs. The agents are very adamant refusing any upgrade or additional extension. The system may have been changed to block such changes from inexperienced agents. The supervisors know about this, but they do not want to get into any trouble to break the "policy".

As for hoarding the low category TPs, we get ourselves to blame for the impulsive purchase. Some people never stay below NC-6 hotels, but they bought several OC5/NC4 TPs before the big merge/purge last August.

You should still be able to find some nice hotels at NC4 for the family. You just need to lower the bar a little.