FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WA Maldives vs Conrad vs Conrad Bora Bora
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:50 pm
slickalick

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by laguy35
Thank you for taking your time for the long post. I posted the letter i received from WA Maldives. with my reply to escape, i hope you can see that. Leaving Bora Bora out. Is the conrad more kid friendly then the WA? My kids would be 6 and 8 by the time we go. The WA looks amazing and the rooms are huge compared. Would you pick the beach villa at the WA which if i read correctly is 2500sq ft over the basic OWB at conrad. Conrad is under contruction but by dec 2020, im sure most of it would be complete.

The Hilton Seychelles was an all suite hotel. The people were amazing the staff was amazing, It had a small beach with crystal clear water, and can go into town anytime you want. I dont mind being locked on the island at any hotel since we usually dont leave. The sunset cruise through the hotel that we did in the seychelles is also highly recommended.

Also since you are a Marriot person, ever stay at the W Maldives or the westin? I have a lot of points for Marriot as well and am a platinum elite
I'm a Diamond aswell and managed to book the WA Maldives for 5 days over Easter 2020 on points. My kids are 10 and 8.

In communications with the WA - they indicated that they have the biggest kids club in the Maldives with their own kids water activities. Based on this i decided to book at the WA.

In regards to transfers, the seaplanes to the Conrad don't have reduced pricing for kids, whereas the yacht transfer to the WA does have reduced pricing, thus making the cost difference between the two transfer options negligible - nevertheless, it still come to over US$2k.

Looking at the menus at WA - certainly there are some very overpriced options - but we figure conservatively around $500 for food and drink per day minimum.