FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 29 July 19: BA112 [JFK-LHR] incident in F cabin
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:04 pm
Never Stansted

Programs: BAEC
If the pilot thought the incident was serious enough to offer an entire cabin a confirmed seat in F on the next flight it shows his main concern wasn’t around delaying the flight and that he grasped seriousness of the situation. It also shows he knew quite clearly who was in the right and wrong.

Appreciating that he can’t defend himself here, this does seem to be complete abdication of responsibility on his part. Maybe explicable given some of the points above but still feeble.

That said - I am quite surprised nobody took the captain up on the offer. While I can appreciate that one would feel a sense of defeat in doing so that would surely have to be balanced against the risk of being trapped on a moving bus in the sky with a violent cretin and his acolytes for seven hours or so (with the potential for alcohol to exacerbate the situation). Once it had become clear that BA wasn’t going to do the right thing I’d have wanted to find the safest way out of that plane.