FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WA Maldives vs Conrad vs Conrad Bora Bora
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:57 pm
laguy35

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by escape4
In the last 12 months I have been to StRegis BB, StRegis Maldives, and Conrad BB. The answer of what is best for YOU depends entirely of what you prefer. For pure luxury and pampering, Maldives is the choice, but I would not pick Conrad which is dated from what I read. Pick WA Maldives or another top luxury choice. For activities and island views, BB is the choice. You are not stuck on a resort, you can go to the main island.

I would not let the issue of how much is price of the flight PPT-BOB or the cost of the yacht transfer to WA Maldives affect your decision, that is too small in the grand scheme of things.
Hi and thank you for your reply. So far i am leaning towards the WA Maldives. I think for now Bora Bora is out. I contacted the WA yesturday and contacted the Conrad Maldives today to see what my options are with my 2 kids. As a diamond Member the WA is trying to charge for my childrens Breakfast where the Conrad from what i heard kids eat free. I am still waiting for the response from Conrad. A 8 or 9 night stay it might make a big difference in costs. I am willing to pay the Boat transfers, etc. but not sure what the cost difference would be between the WA and the conrad when i am feeding kids who are always hungry.

Here is the letter from WA

Warm greetings from Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, an escape for Unforgettable Experiences!

Thank you for showing your interest to our lovely resort.

We are glad to hear that you discover our lovely island to spend your upcoming holiday with us.

We have our luxury yacht transfer which operates 24/7 and we always arrange the transfer of our guests according to their international flight. Please be informed that we don’t allow any third party boat to enter to our resort premises as we are protecting the privacy and security of our guests.

Our shared luxury yacht transfer fee is fee is at US$300+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way. For children below 5 years, the transfer is complimentary and US$150+23.2% Tax and service charge per child per way for children between 6 to 11 years.

Due to the very special nature of the accommodations at our resort we are unable to offer upgraded accommodations. However, we are delighted to offer elite Hilton Honors Diamond Members alternate benefits:

As part your Diamond member benefit, you will be entitled for breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Tasting Table for 2 guests only.

Hilton Honors DIAMOND MEMBERS:

§ In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities

§ With a selected 60-minute massage, enjoy a complimentary additional 30-minute at Waldorf Astoria Spa

§ Complimentary daily afternoon delights with a fine selection of beverages crafted by mixologist and sommelier from 16:00 to 17:00 at Peacock Alley

§ 50% special offer on selected beverages at Nava Beach Club from 22:00 to 23:30.

Our breakfast is USD 60 per adult subject to 10% service charge and 12% goods and taxes and for the children that would be on the half rate.

Should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,

Ann

Mary Ann Bascon

Reservations Sales Agent

Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi