FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:28 pm
PanAmWT

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mrkenneth
It was expiring at the end of the month and I had called planning to convert it to extend the expiry. I was just surprised the representative converted it without even telling me until I asked.
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
but what was the expiration date for the OC? still far away? sounds like ur already trying to use the OC anyway which requires conversion. if it was going to expire soon, then its not a big deal. otherwise, try to ask for courtesy points because the rep started ur NC 12mo clock too soon.
In last December I called to convert one of 6 OC5 to NC4, but after the call I found that they converted all six, So I lost six months' life of the 5 certs that I did not use. I called back asking them to convert back, a supervisor came on line and told me that there is nothing can be done and very rudely saying that I was trying to take advantage of the old TCs so they will not allow me to delay the conversion. When I said I was considering cancelling the 5 partial OC5's to get the default 45K points refunded, that supervisor said 'no way you are not allowing to do such thing'. I began to quote FT posts then he got really angry, challenging me to show him where in the official Marriott web page that shows I can refund the OC5 to 45K points. He then raised his voice to swear on "those internet forums" and hang up on me. It was my only experience in 40 years' travel over 5 million BIS miles that a customer service agent used such language..