FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steppe, Beaches and Rainforest: Mongolia and East Africa
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:07 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Safarilink Economy Class: Nairobi - Zanzibar

Safarilink
Economy Class
F2 Economy Class Ticket
F257: WIL-ZNZ (Nairobi to Zanzibar)
23 July 2019
De Havilland Canada Dash 8-100 (One Class Configuration)
5Y-SLD
Seat 2A

Departure: 2:00PM
Arrival: 3:45PM

I arrived at the airport 90 minutes prior to departure and checked in after I found F2's dedicated terminal building. I had a quick lunch in the terminal before we were all taken to complete exit immigration at a nearby building. This entailed going through security in an adjacent building, then walking across the tarmac to yet another building to complete immigration formalities. After that, we went to the second building to wait for boarding to begin.

This plane was quite old, having flown for United Express in the 90s (among others). The seats were a bit tight, but it was a fairly short flight. No assigned seating on this flight, but I was on first as I had no checked baggage. One must physically identify their checked baggage on the tarmac before boarding. If not, the bag will be left behind. Since I was the only person without a checked bag, I was able to board first.

The flight was uneventful. We were on time and the immigration process in ZNZ wasn't too bad. I quickly filled in my visa on arrival application, easily beating out the rest of the plane. I was through immigration and in the parking lot by 3:35PM, so I had to wait around for 10 minutes before my taxi driver showed up at 3:45PM. Then it was off to check-in at the hotel, a 15-20 minute drive away.

Ham Sandwich

Tarmac Walk to Immigration

Safarilink

Safarilink