FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 19, 11:47 am
Seat 2A

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
Originally Posted by jlemon View Post
33. (1995) It’s not easy leaving Miami, Florida in the winter, but when your destination is Mexico there’s considerably less sting to the journey. In this case, you’re flying down to Acapulco to attend the wedding of an old friend who’s finally tying the knot after 56 years. You’d expected to have to make a connection somewhere along the way, but to your great surprise there’s a nonstop flight departing Miami for Acapulco each Monday afternoon. Identify the airline and aircraft type you’ll be flying upon.

Hmmmm.....the frequency of the flight in question was once a week on Mondays. And that leads me to think this service may have originated in Europe. So let's go with LTU operating a B767-300 with the flight originating somewhere in Germany.

Correct! I noticed per the schedule that this LTU flight offered a "W" class. Did LTU offer a premium product back then?

LTU LT 412 Miami (MIA) 245p-400p Acapulco (ACA) 767-300 Mon only

58. (1983) You need to travel from Chicago to Brownsville, TX. Jeez – no way this ain’t gonna involve a connection in Dallas or Houston. But NO! Turns out there’s a 2-stop direct flight from Chicago all the way down to Brownsville, and as an added bonus there’s even a breakfast and a snack served enroute. Well alrighty then. Identify the airline, the enroute stops and the aircraft type.

I do recall that Ozark began serving Brownsville back in the early 1980's. So let's try OZ operating a DC-9-30 with a routing of Chicago O'Hare - St. Louis - San Antonio - Brownsville.

Your memory serves you well, JL. Ozark it is via the routing you've provided. Here's the schedule:

Ozark Airlines OZ 617 Chicago (ORD) 700a-800a S St. Louis (STL) 900a-1100a B San Antonio (SAT) 1118a-1208p Brownsville (BRN) DC-9-30 Daily