FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:43 am
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
Good morning all,

First off thanks for all the DPs and information. I tried reading back 10-15 pages to get an update on current situation, but just in case some i missed something i would appreciate any advice: I have an OC8 expiring next week....based upon what i am reading it looks like i have several options: 1) "Convert/exchange" my OC8 (P950T) into a NC5 (QP91/QP95)... and it will also extend 1yr 2) Plead with the CSR to see if he/she can "Convert" me to OC6 (QP99) plus 30k MR from my account...and it will also extend 1yr 3*) Cancel the OC8 and get back 135k MR (is this still possible?)

Am i missing anything please? ty FTers
Basically those are the 3 options. With a 0.1% probability you might be able to get a rogue agent to convert to an NC7 but the odds are so low these days that unless I were desperate I wouldn't even try it - you will hurt yourself banging your head against the wall with all the HUCAs you make without success.

If you want option 1 ask for a QP91.
Option 2 you might have to HUCA a couple of times to get. Possibly higher odds with the UK call center. Explain it is known exception to the chart to convert an OC8 to an NC6 and ask for a supervisor if you get pushback from the agent.
Option 3 should still be available for an OC (probably not NC) but you might have to HUCA a few times.