FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK414
Thread: EK414
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:58 am
nmc980

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
It looks like the scheduled arrival time has been brought forward to 2205 at the moment (maybe a Southern Winter change) which gives them more buffer before the curfew.
Today's flight and the last week all look OK but as we're all aware things can happen on the day.

1hr 15min isn't a long connection - does EK gold get priority transit screening, or are you in a position where you're able to get off your inbound flight toward the front to get ahead of the queue?

EK414 also looks to have been flying from Concourse B lately so there's that to contend with as well (I've not had experience here but have been looking) - not sure how long that adds.

I'm flying on EK414 on Friday and it'll be my first proper EK longhaul (originating in FCO on EK98, so have nearly 3hrs to connect). Hope your connection goes well.
I checked with both call centre and a friend in EK ops, and 1.15 is the shortest connection EK will now do. I'm flying in paid F - so will be first off the plane with priority connection. My only concern with the arriving flight (apart from any departure or in-air delays) is that I get a remote stand which can easily add on 20-45 mins connection time.

Enjoy your flight!