FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Flying to London on DL
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:28 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
From the wiki:

"Business, DM, and PM can use the Upper Class Check in area."

From Delta on Twitter via DM:

"PM does not assist with expedited access in the airport" (my question was "does being platinum medallion entitle me to any check-in privileges at LHR, e.g., expedited access, etc"

Which one is right? Recent reports of PM access to the upper class check-in area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Twitter is wrong. My BP scanned in to the UC Wing security door (up the elevator from main check in) just fine the last several times I've flown out of LHR (always in coach/C+ or VS Premium). Trips in June, July, November 2018 and February, May, July 2019. I did move from PM to DM after than November trip.

Also no problem at all using UC check in within the main area. I've never tried the UC Wing driveway arrival as I get to LHR via train.

Last time I went through the UC door just fine (DM in DL C+) but the line was massive so they sent us back out and down to the "regular" priority/invited security checkpoint where we were allowed in no problem.

Also zero issues getting into the Clubhouse.