FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steppe, Beaches and Rainforest: Mongolia and East Africa
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:53 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Air China Business Class: Beijing - Ulan Bator

Air China
Business Class
UA Business Class Award
CA955: PEK - ULN (Beijing to Ulan Bator)
19 July 2019
Boeing 737-800 (Two Class Configuration)
B-5423
Seat 2A

Departure: 3:15PM
Arrival: 5:30PM

I had a lot of time to kill at PEK, so I went to the lounge and had some noodles. Unfortunately, I promptly splashed chili oil on my shirt... After that, I made a circuit around T3E and tried to amuse myself for a few hours waiting for my flight. The flight ultimately boarded on time and we left on time as well. The flight itself was fairly uneventful. The cabin service was pretty good, though the food was a bit greasy.

The flight was fine and we were on the ground in Mongolia in no time. Immigration was quite slow, as there weren't many agents working and we'd arrived behind a flight from Seoul. I was glad to have finally arrived at ULN so I could rest in a proper bed.

I'd pre-arranged for a transfer to the hotel. The driver was there when I arrived, but the ride took forever. It was easily an hour plus for the short 18km journey to the hotel. The driver was not nearly as aggressive a driver as I'd have been in his place...

New ULN Airport (not yet complete)