FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Falisia, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Portopiccolo, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:44 am
brokenwindow

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I was very disappointed with our stay at Falisia. The property itself is beautiful, but service is severely lacking and not worthy of a LC (our favorite chain). Lots of service failures with no service recovery gestures at all. For instance, took over 2 hours to get ice delivered; 5 interactions with staff, and it was still not delivered correctly. F&B is terrible for a hotel that is so sheltered: we usually spend most of our time on the property while at resorts, and after 7 nights we were going crazy. The food was very expensive, not very good and selection was limited.

I’ve grown to understand some things should be overlooked because it’s Italy, but imo some things were outright very annoying and we won’t be returning. I stayed on an award certificate so I still felt like I got my points worth. If the property gets the service and staff right; they have a winner here but I didn’t get the feeling that the hotel was doing anything actively to improve on the service level after speaking to senior mgmt.