FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking flex ticket intra-Europe?
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:41 am
gnaget

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Again, I fail to understand why you can't just simply commit to a cheaper, later flight now, at much cheaper prices (one ways are available for a fraction of the amounts cited in this thread on all of KL, DY and SK) and not have to go through the rigmarole of cancelling a ticket you bought at a much higher price than you needed to pay, by which time the fares for the new ticket will also have increased further from what you can buy them now.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that because a Flex ticket is refundable, this automatically means you will get the full amount paid back.
Well, because I don't want to sit around AMS for hours after travelling 30+ hours. I already have a 3 hour buffer. If something goes wrong then the delay might be as much as a day. Well, I can fly on Korean and arrive late afternoon, I think, assuming that I make it to ICN.. You can't account for this kind of delay. When it's such a small fare difference then it makes sense. Actually, if I am really delayed then I will skip going to CPH and proceed to the next destination.
So you are suggesting to assume the worst and book an evening flight where I sit for 12 hours at AMS?