FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:45 am
PlowJockey

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
Originally Posted by Unionruler
I don't understand why people are still searching ITAMatrix for Vietnam POS. ITAMatrix shows tons of phantom availability-- just look at the whole month of December for instance. CX website shows the exact availability if you make a dummy booking for a new ticket. The only very slight inaccuracies with CX website are AA connections, because the website times out searching 7 days worth of departures and 7 days worth of arrivals. However the lowest A price, if displayed, is really there in a connection, which the website duly fetches when refined to exact dates.
Hi Unionruler, I don't dispute the accuracy of what you write, but I have two data points that don't seem to fit:
* CX (Vietnam site, dummy booking) shows NO Standard First YVR-HAN for the entire schedule. None. However, by using ITA matrix to force a stopover in HKG of 24+ hours, I identified a single date in October that accepted a ticket change. (I didn't ask for other dates to test the theory; I wanted my reschedule confirmed before any wiggling)
* CX (Vietnam site, dummy booking) shows Standard First for practically EVERY date SFO-HAN, yet Edan217 was unable to get a ticket change for any day in September despite numerous calls. Using the same forced-stopover search in ITA I've suggested they try a handful of dates - hopefully they'll report back.

Any idea why the dummy booking seems to be showing inaccurate info (or why CX call center is ignoring it)? I'm good with my new ticket but clearly others can benefit from your better info.