FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:31 am
Raffles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Rosy jobs is a fair point, not sure how many of us would still pitch up after a life changing lottery win, pilot does seem to be one of those 'I used to dream about being a pilot when I was a kid' or 'I love my job' kinda jobs, not many of them about. If the 'collective' have decided to strike then fair enough that is their right, but to impact the holidays of those who likely have less loved jobs that are less well payed and may have had to be saved up for over a period of time does seem somewhat of an own goal in the PR stakes. I'm a good example, mess up my business travel, ho hum, mess up my family holiday and my sympathy for the cause is hard to find.
If you wouldn't still do your job if you won £5m then you should find something you want to do and do that instead. Spending 8-10 hours per day until you're 60 doing something you dislike, at which point the best years of your life are behind you (arguably) is not a great strategy. If you're reading FT you're clearly smart enough to be doing your own thing.