FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: aavacations.com / AA Vacations flight & vacation package questions, discussion
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:36 pm
777lover

Check with aa on the special fare (bulk travel). Normally when u make a res through an agent yeh confirmations they send do not indicate The *. Seems to be only shown when u use the web

Originally Posted by fanger
I was wondering if anyone has experience with getting special fares (i.e. the * fares) on an open jaw? I recently booked a European open jaw through AA Vacations by calling in. I did check the outbound and knowingly saw that it did not have the * designation, and I thought, but am not 100% sure the return did have the * designation. When I received the confirmation, neither outbound or return had the *. Unfortunately this could be because of any of the following:

1. Return did not have the * and I just missed it.
2. Cannot combine Special fare return with Normal Fare outbound- normal fare ovverrides it. I don't think this is the case cause I can combine * and no * for a normal trip on the website.
3. Open jaw breaks * fares.

I want to book another open jaw and it's critical for me to get the *, which is why I worry.

Alternately, is there a way to get the phone agent to confirm the special fare? I think I've read the whole thread over the years but don't really recall specific mention of this.
Thanks, all.