FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice of pair of Upper Class seats/beds ?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:35 pm
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by ERtraveler
Upper Class on Virgin is so strange. Not conducive to traveling with a companion at all. I flew with my son next to me and my husband across from me. The pax next to my husband talked non-stop for 11 hours to her companions across from her. My husband was livid and rolling his eyes the entire time as he attempted to drown out the cacophony with noise-cancelling headphones to no avail. The woman's husband then decided to have his meals on the companion seat which was just awkward as my husband had to watch the man eat and talk nonstop with his wife. Now I know the trick is to sit side by side in the A seats which face the back of the center seats.

The ground experience at LHR is awesome, though and is almost worth the strange seating onboard.
Thanks *very* much for the report of your experience and your recommendation. We'll definitely keep that in mind.
And it sounds like we should try to take it Westbound...
(We didn't end up on this flight, as we were able to get F seats on LH at the last minute, but it's likely we'll end up on this flight - or similar - in the future.)

GC