FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fast Track Arrival/Departure Kuala Lumpur?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:26 pm
ricktoronto

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SuloL
KLIA has dedicated immigration lanes for business/first class passengers, both arriving and departing. Boarding pass is enough to access, although yellow passes are occasionally handed out (perhaps to remind people they can indeed use the fast track).

Departure security is handled at gates, with no priority queues. Sometimes can cause long waits if two widebody flights are leaving at the same time from gates next to each other.
I wonder who thought of having every one of 50-100 gates in a huge airport set up to screen passengers? What a strange system.

At a long haul gate (like a 777 departure) how many X-ray machines etc., are at the gate? Just one?

Though I'd be going to HKG so maybe not that many. I think it's all KA flights, might be wrong.

New question: is the KLIA airport express similar to HKG? I am thinking at the arrivals end downtown is there a sensible queue of taxi to hotels? I see a VIP service where it looks to me like a porter goes with you and your bags aboard the train itself to the terminal in KL and then you are put in a "chauffeur driven" car which I bet is an Uber more or less. It is not hugely expensive vis-a-vis hailing a cab if they are organized at the terminus, but I have no idea of what a cab would be to say a major downtown hotel, Sheraton, W, Marriott, etc.