FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Drops Domestic flight @ Canadian Customs
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:56 am
Davvidd

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by skybluesea

it’s remarkable such statements are made with NO factual basis or evidence in support. Without getting too far off the thread In 2016 Parliament amended various statutes to create something called “Customs Controlled Area”.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicat...f5156-eng.html

while threshold for inspection for anyone domestic who is present in CCA. Including both passengers and ground staff, is much higher than arriving foreign travelers, Parliament allowed the authority necessary to intervene in this situation.

In practice, this inadvertent mixing happens routinely, including to me at YUL couple years ago and CBSA just asks where you came from and waive you through.

btw...AC was heavily involved in lobbying for the CCA change as it has facilitated simpler airport processing -I will say no more as getting really off topic to explain these details.
My issue is not the passengers being in a custom controlled area and customs having control of the area. There is no way any customs can affect any Canadian passenger on a domestic flight being asked to follow Canadian customs rules and regulations on the goods they bring or carry or use the form on a domestic flight. Inter Provincial regulations nothwithstanding.