FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:43 pm
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Miss Tafflyer was caught up on the carnage from last Friday when booked from MUC to MIA. The original Avios one-way booking was MUC (ET) LHR (CW) MIA for 4500 and 75000 Avios respectively on a single PNR and ticket.

The MUC-LHR was cancelled on the morning of the flight. No email, no text, no phone call but we heard about potential problems and luckily checked.

Earliest CW seat 3 days later on Monday. Premium via MAD offered on IB, take it or leave it.

Flight taken was MUC (Y) MAD (W/PE) MIA. Departure and arrival
times both within an hour of the originally booked times so only the downgrade to be processed. The rebooking was made in revenue Y and W booking classes, though as yet no Avios have been credited which is what I would expect.

I think what must be due is 75% downgrade reimbursement of the 75000 Avios charged for LHR-MIA plus 75% of the €206 carrier surcharge paid. Is that correct?

The agent on the phone rebooking told Miss Tafflyer that she would receive €250 and €600 compensation which is obviously incorrect and I am shocked about that. Cancellation code: WEAN so not eligible for article 7 comp for sure.