FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question re separate United reward flights
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:15 pm
Hector99

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Going via SFO or LAX the next day or 2 days later wouldn't bother me that much. Rather not but thats the issue with once a day flights (thats the issue with NZ geographical isolation)

the situation I want to avoid is being ticketless in IAH. From what I read Im happy to not cancel. 1% is a low chance even tho Amex Plat insurance won't cover as not bought with Amex Points.

NZ wouldn't ticket as one as they couldn't 'see' IAH-SYD availability even though I could and booked it online ten seconds after they told me they couldn't see it. NZ don't like their points spent on anything but NZ flights I think.

Wanted to retry the Polaris lounge again and also compare NZ vs UA TPAC. Even tho its the old Polaris 2-2-2 787-9 Id like to try vs the NZ 787. I don't live in AKL so need to take another flight in any case and SYD is a good place to hang for a day or so to get over a trip. Am considering changing allegiance for TPAC flights and going for UA Plat in addition to NZ Elite.

Re the connection time Im likely to be travelling hand luggage only and am Global Entry so can use the faster security lanes to speed it up

Many thanks for replies