FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss cancelled my flight.. and is refusing to compensate me
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:00 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by shuly
Where I come from, these things take time. The organization I work for typically pays three months after invoices are received. But why don't you just call your local ticketing office? As a SEN, you are entitled to better service, just talk to a person and express your dissatisfaction.
Shuly
Originally Posted by Often1
Email is a terrible way to communicate. Call. Make it very simple and focus on what you want, e.g., the status of the payment which was due around the first. Could it have been misdirected, fraudulently transmitted? Make this about LX's own system having made an error.

If you stop flying a carrier every time something is not up to your way of thinking, in this world you are left with one choice: private charters.
Thanks both for the feedback. Actually I don't mind waiting 2-3 months for payment, but as long as I am told it's going to be 2-3 months. Given comments earlier in this thread, I suspect the issue is rather that LX forces people to go to court to get their money as a heavy handed strategy. Otherwise, a simple e-mail to tell me in one line that it will take xx time and I would just wait without a second thought. However they are stonewalling me now after responding lightning quick early on, hence my suspicions about what is happening - anyway I will give them another chance by phone and see where it goes.

Regarding stopping to fly one carrier, yes there are limits to this but so far in 20 years I banned BA and US Air back in the day, and I could manage just fine particularly when the issue is deep rooted rather than only one bad incident. It's much easier to not go against the grain and just do business with who you are comfortable with instead. But I agree if someone starts to ban 8-10 airlines then perhaps the problem is the customer himself