FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jul 27, 2019, 7:15 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

22. (1982) In 1982, only one airline operated a turboprop nonstop from the U.S. mainland to the far reaches (over 1000 miles from the U.S. mainland) of the West Indies. The flight operated twice weekly and continued on to another island where it overnighted before returning to the U.S. the next day. Identify the airline, the U.S. gateway airport, the two destination airports and the aircraft type.
See Post 16031 & 16039
22. So....we are looking for an airfield not too far from SXM that could handle an Electra. We know the airport in question was located closer to St. Maarten than Antigua.

And speaking of St. Maarten......

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Amer...Empzox%2BAAx%2

Had that B727-200 freighter (with winglets) been any lower, I think I may have then had sand blown into my rum drink. And I would not have been happy....

Back to business.....Anguilla? Nope. And certainly not St. Barts or Statia. So let's go with St. Kitts.

And now back to live coverage on NBC of Stage 20 of the Tour de France and the last day of bicycle racing in the beautiful French Alps.....