FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why did I get the dreaded SSSS despite my GE/Pre✓/Nexus status? [merged threads]
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:36 pm
Tintin

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Doing TRIP to get a Redress# won't stop the airline/airline's security contractor (software included) from making a passenger into an SSSS target on US-bound flights. But if you want to do the TRIP process and get a Redress# and start using that number too, go ahead and do it. Just expect that SSSS hits may continue regardless of having done the TRIP/Redress# thing.
Many thanks, GUWonder. Who assign SSSS for international flights to the US, is it the carrier like AA or the TSA/CBP? I have been told by the AA agent in flagship check-in desk that TSA flags SSSS in AA's system/software, and they have no information why someone was selected for the secondary screening. But by watching his smile while looking at his computer screen, makes me wonder if he knows more than he says.

In case AA is responsible for assigning SSSS, that is very strange and a risk for them to do so to a Executive Platinum (highest tier frequent flyer elite) flying in business class (Executive Platinums fly more than 100,000 miles in AA metal). I can stop doing business with AA. Can you confirm that AA is responsible for assigning SSSS?

What is the purpose of a Redress number? Can a carrier (like AA) legally assign SSSS to passenger who has a Redress number in file? If I obtain a Redress number and include the number in my AA account then AA will have my Global Entry KTN, TSA Pre, and Redress number in their file.

Can you confirm (and provide me some official link/docs) that SSSS is assigned by the carrier? Then I will write a letter to Doug Parker asking why he risks assigning SSSS to an Executive Platinum with Global Entry and TSA-Precheck.

What benefits do I get with a Redress number?

Last edited by Tintin; Jul 26, 2019 at 4:44 pm