FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:52 am
Edan217

Originally Posted by PlowJockey
Have you actually tried to change the ticket yet? When I search from the CX Vietnam site, for one-way trips SAN-HAN in September, I see "standard" A availability every single day that month. I think that's what ITA is showing you. Maybe a lot of capacity was sucked up for JFK-Vietnam, but I speculate that your routing was not tapped as heavily before the fare was shut down. In any event, searching won't get you re-ticketed :-) If you booked through the CX website originally, try changing your ticket there. If you booked through Orbitz or Expedia, try calling them and asking for the date you want. If that doesn't work, then HUCA and try asking specifically for a stopover in HKG of at least one day before continuing to Hanoi. And please report back!
I bought the ticket on CX website and also tried to change on there site .I tried everyday since September 20 until October 5 and everyday there was no availability,only to downgrade to J and pay 8k for that.
when I checked ITA matrix there was availability everyday in A.
I also called CX and they didn't find me anything ..