FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold member personal greeting
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:08 am
Yellowbelly

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Flew LHR T5B to Rio de Janeiro (GIG) this week in WT+ on a B787-8. CW cabin full, WT+ and WT had a few empty seats, mainly Brasilian nationals travelling home at the end of their school winter holidays so quite a few families. I was in 10J so bulkhead aisle seat and 10K was empty. The CSM was through the curtain to see me within minutes of the seatbelt sign going off, very pleasant welcome and asked if I would like a glass of champagne from CW. Returned a couple of minutes later with a small tray that contained a large glass of said champagne, a dish of nuts (unfortunately cold but still nice) and a bottle of water.
Later in the flight I was advised that the WT bar no longer stocks malt whisky (replaced by Baileys on the B788 that apparently has small galleys so limited room) but no problem - I was served The Singleton malt from a large bottle into a cut glass tumbler at my seat. The CSM also recognised me by name as we deplaned.
The plane was clean and in good condition, the new WT+ amenity kit, blanket and pillow an improvement and one of the hot dishes was a curry that are always good from Heathrow.
All-in-all an excellent flight.