FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best course of action?
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:36 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Albiuxas
It will be hand luggage only, yeah. And I think I am flying with one ticket, I have never flown before. I was sent a single sheet via email that lists 5 flights, 3 to Newark and 2 back to Vilnius on their respective dates.

So if I got this right, it is possible to make it in time, albeit it would be very tight, and if security holds me too long, I'd just be given a different flight?
Don't worry. When you check in at VNO (Vilnius) you will get boarding cards for all the flights to US. So no need to check-in at ARN (Stockholm) and OSL (Oslo)
If you have checked luggage you can check that in at VNO, and the airline will move it from one flight to the next for you. You won't see your checked luggage between check-in in VNO and pickup in EWR (New York).
In ARN the transfer between the flight from VNO and OSL is in the same terminal. You won't have to leave the terminal, go through security, passport check etc. Just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. Depending on the arrival gate and departure gate the walk distance is max 15 min.
In OSL it's almost the same. Only difference is you have to go through the passport check. Just be aware that the area after the passport is kind of dull, but with just 45 min. connection I would just go straight for the US flight. Depending on the arrival gate it's max 15 min. walk + 5-10 min. for the passport check, so plenty of time unless you want to do a lot of shopping.