FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Hotel Barcelona Forum OR Renaissance Barcenola Fira Hotel
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:22 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I spent a week at the Fira a couple years ago and had a fantastic stay. We always made time to spend an hour in the afternoon at the rooftop pool. The breakfast was top-notch. They honored elite benefits for 2 rooms, 3 adults, 2 kids with no issues at all. Hotel itself is distinctive...we had one room that was entirely white and one that was entirely black. I found that a little weird, but my kids still talk about this place probably more than any vacation hotel we've ever stayed in.

The rooftop has spectacular views of all of Barcelona. It's a truly fascinating place and a great choice at its category.

In most European cities, I love being able to wake up and walk outside into the heart of the city. You don't have that vibe here - you're walking outside and right into a metro station to get to the city center. But it was worth it to us and besides, we didn't have the category certificate we would have needed for the Cottom House or other top properties in the city.

I've stayed in a couple AC's in Spain and am personally not a big fan for a longer stay where I want to have some fun. They seem to be a serviceable, bland business hotel. Nothing like the atmosphere of a good Renaissance. But I can't speak to the ACs in Barcelona.