FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist Concierge Advice
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:09 am
AMPfromBNA

I had Anne S. since Private line became Concierge. Found the service and her helpfulness as minimal, similar to other reports. On a trip to Ziva Jamaica I had a major issue with the hotel. I was on a paid night with a suite upgrade applied. I was given a suite that shared a wall with their night club. The wall shakes all night long on our first night. The property refused to move us, so I reached out to my concierge (Anne) to see if she could help, and basically I got a one sentence apology and zero assistance. I ended up convincing the hotel to move me to a standard room and to provide some points to offset the upgrade cert.

I never used Anne again. About a month ago I was told my concierge Anne left, and my new concierge is Katisha. I tried using the service again and am so far very underwhelmed. I just don’t see the value proposition. Maybe the Twitter team is just so much better (despite being the same people as others suggest - just with a better chance of getting a top performing agent).

Im in my 6th year as a Diamond/Globalist with >110 nights the last 2 years and likely this year. Im still waiting on any “surprise and delight” moments from my concierge service.

RIP SPG ambassador program. You set the bar high. If Hyatt could replicate it, it would be a slam dunk. Isn’t that why Hyatt recruited all of those SPG VPs, anyways?