FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room Entry Policy in Singapore
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:51 am
Bullswood

Was quickly in and out of "The Bar" on Monday (in the vain hope that it would have changed under its new name) and remain of the view that it's no more than an ego massage!
As an aside, does any fellow regular on this thread share my perception that Changi has become a bit less than its previous efficient self? Immigration seems slower these days, but perhaps I'm just unlucky - I really felt for the BA11 crew who lined up for 20mins last Friday after a long working night. (Even more off topic, but surely one day someone will find a way to enable processing during a 14hr flight rather than imposing a wait on the tired hordes at the end, at least for aircrew if not the rest of us?). For normal passengers, SIN seems one of the few places to still insist on a dozen individual immigration queues rather than a single line fanning out to the first available desk, with the result that one problem passenger can hold up dozens.
Also, BA boarding has often been a shambles of late. On last Monday's BA15 there were no effective premium lines before entering the gate lounge (despite a forlorn waist-high fast-track sign in the midst of the crowd) and for some reason, duplicated passport checks while queueing, one by police & one just a few minutes later by a private contractor (CERTIS?).

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 24, 2019 at 6:33 am