FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:18 am
noeatbutgo

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by scwam
I'm not sure what you mean because you said you cancelled a cash booking. Of course cash bookings will go back into the inventory if nobody else takes the room. But about canceling point bookings - a week ago, I canceled my two bookings Sat to Thurs, and Thurs to Sat but they only immediately put the longer points booking back into inventory. And then suddenly for only 24 hours the entire 7 days was available in the inventory. Then the 7 days changed back to the 5 days ever since. So, they play with these points inventories.
Thanks for sharing your experience. What I previously cancelled was a single night stay. And it didn't go back to inventory although it was a BAR one. But luckily I just decided to take a risk and cancelled another one, 2-night stay based on BAR. And it was redeposited right away so I could grab it with 240k points. So I have completed a 7-night stay based on point redemption in late Feb... awesome