FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All about jet lag: Tips, tricks, discussion (consolidated)
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:45 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Taking UA 29 , the 11:30am SFO SIN in Polaris. Can anyone tell me who the jet lag is on arrival arriving in the evening. Are you wide awake, tired ? Just curious how our first day the next morning will be. If we will fall asleep when we get there and ready to take on the next day or will we be dead the next day for tours etc.
People handle this differently, but I generally don't sleep well at all following the evening Asia arrival. Will tend to wake up very early the next morning (3 am, or earlier), then hit the wall mid-afternoon the next day. If you're going to be outside in Singapore, the heat and humidity are likely to exacerbate that.

I find the best cures are exercise early in the morning Day 1 (I run), and try to stay up late as I can that night. I also try not to sleep more than a couple hours on the flight, in the hope I will arrive tired.