FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels in Australia
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:44 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Choice Hotels in Australia

Does anyone have any experience with Choice in Australia? Over the past decade or two, I think I've stayed in a couple of their properties in Australia. Thanks to the Daily Getaways promo, I have cheap Choice points and some of their award rates are decent deals in the small towns of Australia where there aren't other chain hotels. (There seems to be little to no value staying in the big cities like Sydney -- the other chains have better hotels and better prices there). I recall their motels are a lot like Choice hotels in the USA; a mixed bag, and probably a little dumpier on average. Oh, and no free breakfast (boo). The best redemptions these days are the 10,000 point ones which, like in the USA, seem almost randomly assigned (I've seen properties with identical paid rates, some going for 10,000 points and others at 20,000). And Choice Australia seems to often raise the point rates for Friday and Saturday night stays, even in non-resort areas, and even when the paid rates are unchanged. Weird: it's like some punishment for leisure travellers wanting to use their points! Still, without other chain alternatives to "game," I'm certainly inclined to try some Choice stays.