FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:39 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FobbyFlyer
Apologies in advanced if this has been answered, sorry I'm new to United. Looking to take advantage of SDC for the LAX-EWR PS route, I understand the fare class I booked under has to be available for the change.
Does anyone know if historically if this route is favorable to using SDC where fare class inventory evens out and opens up at ~T-3 hours?
I'm looking to take advantage of a less expensive fare using, using an RPU and then SDC to a 787-10 flight and hoping the RPU clears again. Curious how others have handled this route and open to any recommendations/best practices to this approach.
You can't waitlist within 24h, so you can't do SDC (with a direct flight) and waitlist an upgrade. If you want a change and an upgrade you need to find open space on the new flight, either at the time of change or after. I wouldn't count on booking a different flight and then getting onto the 781 flight; only try that if you're OK with not getting the change and/or the upgrade.