FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parking at remote stand at LAX as F pax. It’s just not right!!!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:11 am
dval44

Absolutely horrendous transfer today at TBIT. Honestly, makes me slightly embarrassed as an American for it to work this poorly.

Arrived at remote stand via Avianca business. After the door not opening, the pilot came on and said the airport staff couldn’t figure out the jet bridge so it will be 30 minutes.

When they finally opened the door, they had us all get on a bus. Since I was in business, I was first on. Which meant I was crammed into the very far back. They occasionally got on the bus to yell at us to pack more people in.

I dont want to exaggerate but the bus ride to TBIT was a SOLID 20 minutes. Likely 30.

I followed the sings after immigration to “connecting flights” but it turns out this is just for rechecking baggage. Since I was carryon only, I was in the wrong place.

Got up to security for my EVA business flight. No premium line. No precheck (10pm). There was a new dog sniffing station.

My EVA flight boarded from a strange remote stand area about 15 minutes from the lounge. 136 I believe. Typing this from another bus on the runway.

Honestly, just an atrocious system is almost every regard. And this is the new terminal. More than looking for luxury, it just makes me sad that the whole thing is such a mess.