FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyingSpamo

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador Elite w/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Does anyone know what happens when you are waitlisted for a later flight? Right now, I have a reservation for A-B-C, while being waitlisted for an A-C nonstop which leaves about an hour later than the first flight on the confirmed itinerary.

How does this interact with check-in? Do you end up on the standby list? Is the waitlist canceled when the confirmed coupon is lifted? Perhaps most importantly, does the waitlist need to be manually canceled to avoid clearing onto A-C (and getting B-C canceled) while in the air on A-B?
I have these same questions. My reservation is very similar to the scenario described above: A-B-C reservation with waitlist for A-C, which leaves 1h15m after A-B. Anyone have experience with this? Assuming good position on the upgrade list, were you able to get your upgrade cleared a bit prior to boarding?

Also, after reading through this thread, I think everything is right with my waitlist request but just to double-check: My waitlist route is different than my reservation route (nonstop vs. layover both ways). When viewing my reservation online, I see the confirmed reservation first with the waitlist segments in yellow boxes below with the phrase "Flight to XXX - WAITLISTED" and this note with each: "Waitlisted: You will be automatically confirmed on this flight if space in your request class United Polaris business (IN) becomes available."