FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:36 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Better check if you're really even getting close to fourth night "free"

As the benefit changes and booking on "thankyou" site eliminates elite benefits here are some interesting observations - in anticipation of new system I checked 2 hotels on the ty site vs Bonvoy site:

1 First hotel alleged $94 savings was actually $30 (compare total charged on Bonvoy vs total charged on ty AFTER 4th night credit)
2 Second hotel alleged $155 savings was actually $60 (same as above)

So for giving up free breakfast, free wine, etc. possible upgrade for 4 nights - I can save $60?

So ty increases the price, decrease the benefits (no elite benefits if you book with ty) and actually save you 30% of what they claim to be saving! I'm pretty sure they are making more than this on the commission for the 4 nights.

BTW - last summer I booked a non chain hotel and it was cheaper booking directly or using agoda (or such) than booking with the 4th night credit - that is I paid LESS paying for the full 4 nights then I would have paid with 4th night credit - allegedly getting 1 night "free"!

Be careful out there - scams are all around us -----