FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Get to the Detroit NEXUS Enrollment Center from the US Side?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:24 pm
Rare

Originally Posted by stndrdSDF
I assumed that the facility would be pedestrian accessible since it is near a major city's downtown. I will just call the office and ask.
Yeah, you would think so. Good luck calling the office. If someone answers the phone AND they're helpful (I've had trouble with both in that office), I'd be interested to know what they say.

Taking a taxi and having them wait is probably your best bet. To help you get there successfully, here is an excerpt from a post I made in 2012:

Originally Posted by Rare
Pay careful attention to the directions given on the "Interview Scheduled" page in your GOES account, specifically the part that says, regardless of which freeway you're coming from: "use exit [...] Bridge to Canada." They should have said, "Ignore the scary signs that say 'beyond this point you must continue to Canada!'" In fact you want to proceed past those signs, but immediately after the ramps from I-75 N and S merge there is a "service drive" on the left that you turn into with a double fence and automatic gates. After that point the signage is fairly clear, IIRC.
Here are coordinates of the "service drive". Take care not to miss it, or you will be crossing the bridge to Canada!

Here are coordinates for the entrance to the NEXUS office.

Getting out of the compound is just about as tricky as getting in. First you have to backtrack out of the parking lot and go around the building to the truck exit. Here you (or the driver) will hand the officer a piece of paper that the officers inside the enrollment office will give you that says you've been "released from NEXUS/FAST office" (assuming the procedure is still the same as it was in 2013). Note that the booths at the exit gate are at a height corresponding to the height of semi-truck cabs, so you (or the driver) might have to get out of the car in order to be able to reach high enough to hand the paper to the officer.

After passing the truck exit, make sure to go to the left at the split ahead, otherwise you will end up circling around inside the compound again!

Last edited by Rare; Jul 22, 2019 at 8:38 pm Reason: fix URLs for maps