FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:47 pm
edb55

Programs: AA ExPlat. Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
and if it was online as well it wouldnt be worth it since Im positive it would be limit of 1 enforced

edb55 the nowadays problem is being able to find a store that will sell you more then 1 per day, it used to be easy pessy to get 10 at a clip, now most stores will limit you to just 1 per day not per transaction which for most makes going after these no worth the time and effort, but its YMMV issue since some stores will sell you 10 in 1 transaction but thats like looking for a needle in a haystack, they are there but far and few
I am new to this city I live in now and had a store that sold me 10 cards on the fee free special two separate times. Not so easy now and the five locations in the city are all spread out by around 25-30 minutes with traffic. This makes it not worth going for one a single card. I have been doing the OD/OM specials on visa gift cards while still owning the old Chase Ink Business card of which I will never let go. Between buying the discounted visa cards and the 5oo Amazon cards for my amazon spending, I do well. I am lucky enough to have an outlet for money orders but limit to 2k daily. Currently generating MR points as I have a huge stash of Chase. I see that Ebates is currently offering 4x at staples (Alaska and American shopping portals the same) so I bought a couple of the 300 visa cards so with my MR ebates account the points will be a little of 1/2 cents each since I'm using a MR amex card to do the purchase.