FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This guy’s feet were on our to be shared Admirals Club table
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:41 pm
AAdamE

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I find the whole thread fascinating. An individual behaves like an oaf in a lounge and there are those discussing the legality and acceptability of taking a picture. This debate I will not enter as I’m unconcerned either way. What does concern me is that such conduct should occur in the first place. It concerns me also that it should be considered so remarkable that it ends up here. I have seen far worse, not so much in Lounges than on board. There I have had someone who also cut his toes in First Class. One of the bits flew through the air and landed in someone else’s Champagne. The passenger involved was less than amused and neither was I. I actually didn’t know this was taking place or I’d have put a stop to it. I’ve had people removing their trousers and underwear and sitting in their shirts. From where I stood, I couldn’t tell with the tray in the way. When I did find out, the excuse that I got was that he was « overheating down there ». I assured him that I had plenty of ice that would take care of that. (Now that would have been good photo material).

This is AA Forum so I dare not tell you about the day one of our Elite gentlemen awoke in the night and tripped off to the lav clad in a cardigan, a T-shirt and a thong. Suffice to say that legs on a table are such small issues. Slobs will always be slobs, but for my next Doctorate I shall investigate why flying seems to turn normal people into lunatics.
This thread is so fascinating. To your point so much is lost in nit picking over the details. Sounds like the real issue here is that the cost of the club keeps going up, which makes people entitled to put there feet on a table and for people to have such high expectations that seeing feet on a table can be interpreted as offensive. All drops in the bucket if the AC used those membership fees to pay for footrests and drinkable wine to calm offensive interpretations of human behavior.