FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overnight at ZRH
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:04 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Sorry but that’s wrong. Both regarding luggage being held overnight (no problem as long as it’s less than 24hrs) as well as the hotel. Well. For the second one it’s obviously just an opinion but it seems everyone but you prefer a city hotel. With an early evening arrival and mid day departure I would strongly suggest to stay in the city. The radisson blu is convenient indeed, but for such a long layover Staying in the city will simply make more sense. An evening at an airport hotel? Doesn’t sound like much fun to me, when the alternative would be to explore ZRH downtown instead.

there might be cities where heading into „downtown“ would be more tricky on such layover, but in ZRH it’s literally a no brainier to me.
back in April I was denied check thru bags arrived into ZRH @ 19:15 and departed next morn , reason it was > then 10 hours. It USED to be <24 but that has changed AFAIK for the entire LH group.

Had the same problem with SN back in Oct 18 and thought it was only with SN

When is the last time you did an overnight that was > 10 hrs and they held you didnt have to claim your bags?

Also with the link above about rechecking the bags once you claim them thats good as long as your continuing on Swiss or Edel seems anyone else no rechecking

Also a person can always stay at The Rad checkin drop their bags and head into the city for a few hours at night or early the next morn if they so want.Id rater be in the city w/o any kind of bags , unless the hotel is directly across the street from the HB, but thats me

Last edited by craz; Jul 22, 2019 at 10:10 am