FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any point complaining about hotels not honoring benefits anymore?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:35 pm
Cathay Dragon 666

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Any point complaining about hotels not honoring benefits anymore?

Stayed at Fairfield Allentown West. Asked for 4 p.m. late check-out because my work needed me (I'm Titanium). Was told by manager on duty the best she can do is 2:30 p.m. because her house keeping staff doesn't work after 4 p.m., and they are fully-booked the next day and needed every room. I asked they should honor all benefits, and she just brushed me off. I've only stayed because it's pre-paid and my past complaints about other Marriott properties not honoring benefits or been treated in a wrongful matter has gotten nothing but a token "thanks for contacting, we will investigate", and follow up emails are promptly ignored, i.e., good luck trying to get my money back. Seems like Marriott corporate pretty much is letting the hotels get away with any and all things short of murder. This would of never happened in the old SPG days. I can trust them to handle any and all complaints with satisfactory resolutions and if warranted, proper compensation.

As great as SPG has treated me in the past, it's really disappointing under the Marriott banner. Benefits are not being honored, wrongful treatments getting no resolutions. Seriously thinking about just taking my business to Hyatt (I'm already Hilton Diamond, I was going to move some of my Hilton spending to Marriott to try for Ambassador, so glad I didn't). Also my $200,000+ annual AMEX Bonvoy spending to equivalent Hyatt credit card.