FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:30 pm
pentiumii

Originally Posted by staticx813
my trips to asia sometimes involve stopovers on one itin so in that case you wouldn't get a boarding pass for sure. but in this instance, i guess since they took my request to check bags only to HKG, they didn't bother checking me in on the HAN flight.
Many thanks to you three with this information. I should have said that I was on a totally separate itinerary AA TUL-YVR a couple of days (2 day layover) before the Cathay flight YVR-HKG-HAN. It is apparently up in the air what boarding passes I will get when checking in at YVR and I guess my only question is if I do get a boarding pass for HKG-HAN, how should I 'check out' in HKG when I am ready to leave the airport. And if I don't have that last boarding pass, do I even need to do anything?

As an aside, I am directing my mileage earning on these flights to AA, and spouse is directing them to Alaska. But I still have 36,000 Asia miles that will probably expire before I get back to that area and could really come in handy if we decide to go to SIN from HKG. But, this would mean that at the same time I am telling Cathay I can't continue on to HAN, I would be holding an award ticket out of HKG. Any issues?

Best of all worlds would be if I could somehow change my HKG-HAN business ticket into any value for going a few days later to chiang mai or sin, or ??? In any class.

World of all worlds would be my having to pay a change or cancellation fee just because I didn't want to go on to HAN.

I sincerely appreciate your input. Thank you for your time.