FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 days in Russia, need recommendations on how to split time
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:29 am
VitaliU

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by kmzandrew
So I have 5 days in Russia this September (flying into St Petersburg and flying home from Moscow) and was hoping I could get some tips for an ideal itinerary. My thinking was 3 days in St Petersburg, staying in the state Hermitage hotel and 2 in Moscow, but I'm open to anything. Any thoughts on which city is better? Should I even bother with Moscow? And for getting between the cities do folks recommend the red arrow sleeper train or the bullet train? Budget isn't a big deal, it's more about the experience and maximizing our time there.
If budget is not an issue, I’d spend more time in St Pietersburg, then take the Red Arrow in first class to Moscow (an experience in itself), spend one night at a hotel in Moscow and then leave. I say this with the caveat - I like history and St Petersburg has much more to see than Moscow (in-spite being a much younger city). If you want to club, shop and like things that come with the world luxury attached to them, spend more time in Moscow